Scrambled Tofu with Slow Roast Tomatoes
Something yummy and different for breakfast or brunch on the weekend! A great vegan option instead of scrambled eggs!
- 4 – 6 tomatoes
- Italian herbs or fresh basil
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 blocks of organic Tonzu tofu crumbled
- 1 onion diced small
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 heaped teaspoon turmeric
- A few jiggles of tamari
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven at 120C.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place face up in a roasting dish with a splash of olive oil in first. Sprinkle with sea salt, cracked pepper and Italian herbs or fresh basil.
- Roast for an hour or so.
- With 15 min to go, prepare for the tofu scramble.
- Place onion and garlic in the pan and fry until clear. Add turmeric and stir through.
- Crumble the tofu by hand then put tofu into the onion mixture and stir fry for 5 mins or so.
- Add a few jiggles of tamari to taste and stir fry until you feel it is as you like it. Scrambled Tofu!
- Serve with slow roast tomatoes on its own or on a slice of toasted sourdough if desired. Great as part of a vegetarian ‘big breakfast’ along with home-made hash browns, wilted spinach and dairy free creamy mushrooms – wow!