Chickpea and Lentil Fusion with Cashew Ginger Yoghurt
This is one to treat your family to or wow your dinner guests with – beautiful served with yellow rice and a gorgeous green salad of your liking or some roasted broccoli and lemon – nom nom!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 – 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1 heaped tsp ground turmeric
- 1 ⁄2 tsp chill paste flakes or powder (optional)
- 400 g chopped organic tomatoes
- 800 mL of vegetable stock including 1 tsp Rapunzel stock
- 1 cup split red lentils rinsed
- 400 g can organic chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ½ cup coconut cream optional
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Freshly cooked quinoa or brown/yellow rice to serve on
Cashew Ginger Yoghurt
- 1 ⁄2 cup of raw cashews
- 1 chopped garlic clove optional
- 1- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1-2 lemons juice and rind of
- 1 ⁄2 tbsp Manuka honey
- 1 ⁄4 cup water as needed
- Chickpea and Lentil Fusion with Cashew Ginger Yoghurt
- Make the cashew ginger yoghurt and refrigerate to chill.
- Next, fry the onion and garlic in oil on medium heat for 5 – 10 minutes until soft and golden. Add coriander, cumin turmeric and chilli paste/flakes and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stock and lentils and optional coconut cream, bring to boil and then turn down to simmer for 20 – 30 mins or until the dahl thickens.
- Add the chick peas and cook for 5 more minutes until the chickpeas are warmed through.
- Serve on a bed of freshly cooked quinoa, sprinkled with plenty of coriander and drizzled with cashew ginger yoghurt.
- Cashew Ginger Yoghurt
- 1.Soak cashews overnight
- Rinse and blend in your food processor with ginger, juice and
- rind of the lemons, and water.
- Blend until smooth and add more water where required.