Chilli Lime Kale Chips
Here’s something fun to do with kale leaves – a bit different from throwing them into a green smoothie! These came my way via a vegan site from Michelle Pfennighaus who was thrilled with her creation! I have added garlic to her recipe. Here’s what she said… “Do you have a small love affair going on with kale? If so, I’m not surprised. I got my hands on some kale this week and turned it into a new version of kale chips that I couldn’t stop bragging about for days. You know how it is when you really nail a recipe and it turns out amazing and you do a little happy dance and proceed to eat all of it immediately? It was like that…”
- 1 head of green curly kale or 15-20 kale leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cashews ground to a powder
- 1-2 Tsp chilli powder or chilli paste
- 1 Tbs salt
- 2 cloves crushed garlic optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rinse kale leaves and shake dry.
- Tear leaves into chip-sized pieces or leave whole if small.
- In a large bowl, combine kale with all other ingredients. Mix with your hands until kale looks wet and seasoning is evenly distributed.
- On two large cookie sheets, spread out kale leaves the best you can so they are flat and not overlapping.
- Bake for about 8 minutes. Flip and move chips around to cook evenly.
- Bake for another 8 minutes or so.
- When they are done they should be just crispy. Once crisp they tend to burn quickly so check on them every minute or so towards the end!