Lemon and Coconut Bliss Balls
For those with a nagging sweet tooth, this is a great one to mix up with other sweet healthy treats. It is good to have something on the go all the time for those moments when you could really do with a sweet fix!
- 1 cup chopped dates baking dates are fine
- zest of one lemon
- juice of two lemons
- ¼ – ½ cup water
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 cups oats
- Place the chopped dates in a saucepan with the lemon zest, lemon juice and ¼ cup water.
- Heat gently and stir a little until very sticky and soft. Add a little more water if needed to keep moist.
- Blend the coconut and oats together in your food processor until they are the consistency of a coarse flour.
- Add the date mixture slowly and allow to combine well.
- Roll into small balls.
- If desired, roll the balls in fine coconut or they can be left plain.
- Chill before serving.