Chocolate and Nut Bliss Balls
This is a date-based raw treat that you can whip up in ten minutes and can keep in the fridge for up to a week. Great to have on hand for the kids to grab a couple for their lunch box or for you to grab when the sweet craving kicks in. I can’t stress enough the importance of having things like this on hand to ensure you stay on track with your eating.
- 1 cup chopped cooking/baking dates
- ¼ cup water
- 2 heaped tsp of cocoa powder/raw cacao
- 3 heaped tsp quality peanut butter
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Put the dates in a saucepan with the water and heat very gently for 5 – 10 minutes until they become sticky and soft. Give them a helping
- hand by mashing them a bit with a fork.
- Add the cocoa, peanut butter, cinnamon and vanilla and heat briefly to activate the flavours (you may need a splash more water). Remove
- from heat.
- Blend the oats and coconut together in your food processor until they are the consistency of coarse flour.
- Add this dry mix to the date mixture and combine well, then roll into balls or press into little rustic shapes. You could also press a fork
- gently on them and turn them into cookie shapes if desired.
- Chill for a couple of hours and they are ready to serve.