Raw Chocolate Macaroons
They are the perfect rich and decadent combination to satisfy your sweet tooth in a very healthy way!
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp ground almonds
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted to liquid
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder or raw cacao
- pinch salt
- Pour the coconut in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in all other ingredients finishing with the coconut oil and mix well. If the mixture feels too wet, add a little more coconut.
- Use an ice cream scoop or your hands to form the macaroons, making sure to compact them so the cookies don’t crumble and place on a non stick tray or one lined with baking paper, OR if you’re looking for the perfect shape, press mixture firmly into non-stick mini muffin tins (the bendy silicon ones are best). Either way, it’s a good idea to compact your cookies one more time so they hold their shape before you leave them in the fridge.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn out the treats onto a platter and serve.
- Keep these refrigerated and they will last for up to a week.